now hiring: sous chef
responsible for the running of shifts in the head chef’s absence as well as working collaboratively with the rest of the team. are you looking to be part of an exciting, progressive kitchen team? do you want to be part of a team that loves food and wine, whilst having the opportunity to grow your career and being part of an exciting dining concept? look no further. we have you covered here at the old fitzroy hotel.
about the old fitzroy hotel
the old fitzroy hotel is lead by head chef anna ugarte-carral; winner of the 2020 josephine pignolet young chef of the year award. inside the pub you will find brasserie fitz. the space itself takes you through european landscapes with an old world feel, saturated in candle light and dried native flowers. a simple, yet elegant approach to restaurant service.
joining the old fitzroy will make you part of Odd Culture Group, Sydney’s most passionate hospitality collective, which centres on creating thoughtful and exceptional food and beverage experiences. we are an ambitious and expanding group so there is plenty of opportunity for development.
- european/mediterranean flavours – simple food cooked and served precisely, so technique will shine
- strong focus on the enjoyment of cooking: collaboration on dishes, communication in the kitchen, attention to detail
the food we offer is simple yet precise. stepping away from traditional pub fare, we will be cooking french/italian/spanish inspired dishes, looking to countryside auberges and seaside trattorias for inspiration. the menu can change as often as we see fit.
we are searching for flexible Sous chef and chef de partie to join our expanding kitchen team. the kitchen team is tight knit and would require the candidate to be comfortable working across multiple sections on any given week.
skill set and experience
- at least 2 years experience in a similar establishment across multiple sections
- effective communication skills – verbal, written & interpersonal
- driven, self aware
- a knowledge of local & international ingredients
- understanding application of food safety
- above all, you must have a passion for the hospitality industry!
if this sounds right for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your cv & cover letter.
don’t have a cv or don’t have the time to put one together? no worries – our team is happy to meet you in person to chat about your experience. please email james to organise a catch up.