now hiring: general manager
woolloomooloo’s old fitz is a pub, brasserie and theatre all rolled into one! housing an electric group of individuals both staff & patrons alike, including some of Australia’s most famous playwrights and faces of the early kings cross.
we’re looking for a tried and true general manager to run the show, this is a one-of-a-kind gig! our ideal candidate will have some notches in their belt, with proven senior management experience. your leadership and staff development should be second to none.
the fitz is part of odd culture group – a fast-moving hospitality group with some of the best and brightest in the industry at the helm of its venues. the right individual will be met with open arms and the opportunities to grow, develop and steer this historic venue further into glory!
- recently awarded 15.0/20 by good food guide’s terry durack.
- head chef anna ugarte-carral; winner of the 2020 josephine pignolet young chef of the year award.
- 60 person theatre attached to the venue run by the red line productions crew.
Inside the pub you will find brasserie fitz. the space itself takes you through european landscapes with an old world feel, saturated in candle light and fresh flowers. a simple, yet elegant approach to restaurant service.
duties & responsibilities:
- write and control an effective roster for the venue;
- continuously review and ensure that excellent standards are upheld in the venue and, where applicable, the venue’s takeaway and delivery service;
- build and retain a strong, reliable and competent team;
- oversee the management of bar and management staff, including recruitment, training, supervision, performance management, and approved disciplinary action;
- create and implement effective procedures for training and development, including key operational tasks such as opening and closing, and maintaining service standards while minimising compliance and WHS liabilities;
- manage and control key compliance areas including RSA, fire safety requirements, venue signage, staff knowledge and training, operator and venue policies, interactions and relationships with NSW Police and Licensing, and adherence to Liquor License conditions and governing Development Consent conditions;
- participate actively in mentorship of key management staff to ensure consistent growth and development and rectify performance issues;
- delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff members;
- work within budgets designated by the operator with maximum efficiency;
- cost and control a budgeted wage spend;
- conduct stock takes with effective and timely loss investigation procedures, and maintain full accountability;
- input, track and scan all invoices and report a beverage GP%
- control stock and beverage GP% against budgets;
- ensure the effective operation of all bars during service;
- ensure the effective operation of the food pass during service;
- effectively conduct full venue opens and closes where rostered;
- effectively oversee specific sessions and events, i.e., private functions, live music and entertainment, and other venue event sessions/days;
- ensure the venue and kitchen complies with WHS requirements and all other relevant regulations;
- develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and reps, and demonstrate willingness and ability to rectify and navigate ordering issues and supplier relationships;
- consistently demonstrate professional and operational development between performance reviews;
- conduct and address issues in a full venue standards audit to a 90% pass mark;
- demonstrate full operational and preventative maintenance accountability;
- maintain a high and consistent standard of product and personal presentation;
- identify and raise issues to support and address venue offerings and growth;
- effectively collaborate with and take direction from the operator’s group team.
- be heard
- become a part of a quirky and exciting team
- generous staff discounts at our venues
if you’re looking for a challenge & ready for your next role, send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.